2/17/14

Heart on my Sleeve

 So, I'm pretty sure every time I wear this sweater on the blog I titled the post the same thing.  I am not sure there is any better title for a sweater where there's actually hearts on your sleeves, but if you have any ideas I would love to hear them!
 Outfit Details - Sweater - c/o Oasap // Scarf - handmade/ DIY // Pants - Calvin Klein (from Costco in hawaii of all places!) // Shoes - vintage/ thrifted

Anyway, I didn't really dress up for Valentines day itself because after working all day R and I just watched a movie, ordered heart shaped pizza, and ate the heart shaped cake that I made! But, after Jenna posted a valentines roundup on her blog last week, I remembered I owned this sweater so I wore it the following day when we headed into Denver to go to our favorite bookstore and record shopping.  The heart shaped balloon actually came with the heart pizza we ordered, so I of course had to use it in the photos for the sake of tradition!
    I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and if you're in the U.S., I hope you're lucky enough to have the day off for Presidents day today!
xo Hannah
p.s. My hair still isnt long enough for a top knot like this since I decided to chop it again right before the holidays (ugh), but I have been using this hairstyle ring from H&M and I love having the ability to easily put it up like this again!

11 comments:

  1. Love the green pants! That's funny you found them at Costco in Hawaii, ha.
    That sounds like a nice, relaxing Valentine's night! :) I've never had heart shaped pizza, I think that's a cute idea.

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love this sweater, it looks perfect pint mixed with that plaid scarf. And a heart balloon is the perfect accessory ;) I love that it came with your pizza, that's fantastic
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always used the hair style ring for the sake of convience ecen when my hair was quite long! It is a cute look on you.

    I like the stripes+ plaid and happy to hear the heart shaped pizza worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cutie! I get a kick out of those elbow patches every time, and the heart balloon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - you look so cute, the scarf is gorgeous! Love these pictures, looks beautiful wherever you are. Now following and about to check out your blog some more.

    Have a lovely week,

    Lucy xxx

    Florals & Corals

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm i dont know what a hairstyle ring is, but i like your hair like this either way. i like the title "heart on my elbow" : ). anyway, i love these slacks, what a great color! and was the scarf the DIY from a dress a long time ago? i remember always meaning to do that myself. i love the pattern & the material looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dus! The scarf is a similar one to that DIY but this one is more recent! Its basically just the bottom part of a dress that I cut off to hem it, and then sewed the edge for a clean finish! You then just double it up a voila, you have a circle scarf! :) Also, I linked to the hair style ring - its similar to a "sock bun" that you can do at home! I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the photo's with the balloons! :)

    Allison Katelyn @ Http://simplesilverlinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest sweater ever. And it looks so good with your tartan scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so adorable! I love the sweater and scarf combo!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your DIY scarf! I am dying for a plaid scarf like that. I have definitely had moments like this- certain items in my closet leave me with ONE name for my post. As they say, if it's not broken...

    Oh- and in CO news: Hunter is flying to Breck with some friends in April to ski! I'm excited for him and I'm sooooo jealous that he's going to visit your beautiful state!

    ♥ perfectly PRIYA

    ReplyDelete