Today you get a double whammy post! And by that I mean both my usual Friday Favorites post along with a few outfit photos too. Lucky you (ha)! It's been hard to take outfit photos during the week because of the lack of daylight after I get off work, so I snapped these inside my apartment before work one morning. Sorry for the slightly blurry photos and crummy lighting, but now you get to see a little peak inside my apartment, and of course, a bit of my current foster kitty Pookie too! I thought it appropriate that she be in a few of these with be since my new blouse from Oasap has a ridiculously awesome sunglasses-wearing-cat peaking out of the pocket.
Outfit Details- Cat Blouse - c/o Oasap // Pants- Volcom via Swell.com // Hat- Vintage //
Cat- available for adoption here :)
Anyway, here are a few of my favorite finds from around the internet this week!
- I often wonder if my lifestyle would be a bit different if I didn't live in such an expensive area. This buzzfeed article compares two 20-something women who earn similar salaries but live in different parts of the country (a small Texas town vs. Brooklyn, NY). An interesting read!
- If you're bored at work, I suggest you check out: 99 Life Hacks that could make your Life easier. Alight, a lot of them are stupid, but using an empty plastic CD stack case as a bagel holder pretty much made my day.
- This article from Carrie over at WishWishWish about getting to know the basics of your DSLR camera is really readable if you are just starting out with a new camera!
- I love this red wine pairings flow chart from Cupcakes and Cashmere. While I do enjoy a glass of wine, I have absolutely no clue about what wine goes well with what!
- These Art Nouveau inspired prints of all the Game of Thrones ladies by artist Elin Jonsson are genius!
- I love me a good before and after makeover picture (who doesn't?!) Apparently however, there is a Reddit debate (discussed here on Jezebel) about a girl's makeup transformation, and men feeling "fooled" by it. In my humble opinion, women can wear however much (or little) makeup as they so please, and those men need to get a life.
- I always feel kind of fancy eating apples with cheese! This idea of making a cheesy Gruyere apple pie from A Beautiful Mess seems like such an interesting and delicious twist on a classic!