3/28/12

Ode to Spring

I am so in love with this vintage spring dress! I actually found this in the dead of winter and wanted to wait until it got warmer to put it in the shop, and here it is!  These pictures were taken a few weeks ago on a little mountain drive we took. I love that you can drive for ten minutes and be in such beautiful woods, fields and rocky mesas.  The vast scenery makes you feel so small! Though I am usually a fan of bright sunshine, I really liked how the overcast sky added to the contrast of everything.  This particular field was full of high mountain grasses that were completely flattened by layer upon layer of snow during the winter.  It was so serene and beautiful!

 










Outfit Details:
Dress: Vintage- for sale in my shop
Bow Flats: Vintage/thrifted
Floral Crown: DIY

    Is it the weekend yet? I am so excited for a weekend with no solid plans.  I want to ride my bike a lot and work on the shop and learn how to sew finally! I have been saying I will learn how to sew for weeks now, but I think this weekend it really is going to happen! R's mom kindly offered to give me a lesson and I can finally start hemming lots of beautiful dresses on my new machine!  I hope the weather stays nice, it has been in the high 60s and mid 70s for almost a week now.  ::Dreamy sigh::
    DO you guys have fun weekend plans? Is it bad that I am already so focused on the weekend and it is only Wednesday morning? Oh well, you always need to have good things to look forward to to keep your spirits high during the work week! Tell me all of your fun upcoming plans!
xo Hannah 
 


19 comments:

  1. Such pretty photos!! I love the location, and of course the dress! Very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you look soo cute. Like a fairy queen! Like your floral crown!

    http://prettylittletitch.blogspot.com/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are stunning. Your dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress and the floral crown you made, they look amazing!
    The photos also look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics :), love your headband ^^
    Bisous
    Yu'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your Blog! Thank you for your sweet comment! You have such a good taste - for clothes, food and decorations. I love it!
    Lots of love,
    The Cuteberry

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is really pretty :)
    I also have a vintage shop on etsy!

    Come visit my blog sometimes?
    **new follower**

    http://theseaofvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THE FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR & THE COLOUR OF THE DRESS IS SO PRETTY - PERFECT SUMMER LOOK!

    X ELLE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek knock my socks off with how beautiful this entire post is! I am in full out swoon mode over that darling dress & gorgeous crown! I need to start making my crowns like that with more leaves and such. Sublime scenery. I live at the base of a mountain & am always in total awe of the natural beauty of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress, and beautiful place as well.
    Thanks for visiting my blog now i am visiting you back :)
    I am your new follower now. Your blog is awesome.

    XoXo
    Minnie
    http://minnieonfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an adorable little number! reminds me a lot of sailor moon:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh hun. You sound like a complete darling. I am really digging the foramtting of your blog too. It feels so very welcoming ^_^ This outfit is so utterly adorable on you and Im jealous that the wreath of flowers looks so completely stunning on you. I've tried and it was a MASSIVE fail haha.

    Eelix xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah so pretty and nautical! Plus its a happy yellow!
    My birthday is this weekend so hopefully I've got a lot to do! Have a great on as well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress was totally worth the wait! Yellow is my favorite color! And your photos are just stunning. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful! I love all that yellow and floral!

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so pretty! I love the dress, and the flowers look so elegant in your hair I always find myself thinking to the weekend a tad prematurely, don't worry, you're not alone!

    Pip x

    PS - You have such beautiful vintage things in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww you look so beautiful love the dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fresh and spring like~ Love the photographs

    Miss Mary
    The Empty Pocketbook

    ReplyDelete