It's finally Friday and that makes me a happy camper!
After what has seemed liked a very long week, I am sitting here with my Friday latte thinking that it's actually not so bad after all, there are so many great things to look forward too! That combined with the fact that this outfit from a little birthday walk at Wonderland Lake last weekend is one of my favorites- I am feeling like a pretty lucky gal.
So, lets talk about clothes for a bit and then I want to tell you guys a few things that I am happy about or looking forward to in the near future! My birthday fell on a Sunday this year so instead of trying to find the perfect dress, I went with some more comfortable and low key. The awesome people over at American Apparel let me pick out some things to wear and, as I said, it turned out to be one of my favorite outfits EVER. First of all, I have been searching for a good chambray shirt for quite some times, and this one did not disappoint. I think I have worn it about four different ways in the two weeks I have had it! And oh my goodness the pants. I have these in a mint color too, but went one size up for these because high waisted thing usually make me feel slightly claustrophobic after about an hour. These are, in my honest opinion, the best pants ever. They have the perfect amount of stretch and I dressed them up with heels and a cropped vintage lace tee and lace up booties for dinner and drinks the night before. I am putting the dark green ones, "Posy", on my wishlist! The hair bow and marbled oxfords were the perfect finishing touches!
As for the other parts of my outfit, this cozy vintage fair isle snowflake sweater is now for sale in my shop! The backpack is the 'Little America' backpack in Butterscotch from Herschel Supply Co. and was one of my birthday gifts from R. I absolutely love it and really like how the maroon+denim+butterscotch colors ended up working together.
Okay, so here are a few reasons I am feeling happy and lucky.
1. Today is not only Friday, but is also the T-minus 2 week mark until vacation.
2. Birthday love I got from family and friends (and you guys!)
3. I am excited about being with my family all at the same time in just two weeks!
4. I am excited that R will be joining us in Hawai'i just in time for New Years.
5. I am happy that I have a full time job, and while it may be boring, I also have a vintage shop that I can actually put more heart and creativity into!
6. I am happy I have this blog and all of the opportunities it has brought me and all of the amazing people I have met!