12/18/13

Estes Park

Sometimes its a happy surprise finding a set of photos on your computer that somehow got lost in the mix for awhile.  These were actually taken in early November and I completely forgot about them!
 Outfit Details: Jacket, Shoes, Pants, Purse - thrifted // Plaid Blouse - for sale in the shop here!

One weekend morning, R, his mom, and I decided to go on a short road trip up to Estes Park for the day.  While it is only about an hour drive, the road had been washed out by the flood and this was the first weekend it was reopened.  It was really sad to see all of the houses and fallen trees that had been completely ruined by the high waters, but it was good to see a lot of the businesses start to come back around and reopen.  We got pizza, wondered around the little downtown, and ended the day with a trip to the candy store to get some homemade fudge!

I am wearing an entirely thrifted outfit, from my jacket down to my shoes! The Dooney and Burke purse was a lucky vintage find last year and is my go-to bag every day, and the plaid blouse is for sale in the shop here! The jacket I thrifted a few days before these were taken, but it immediately went into the "keep for myself" pile!

Hope you're having a great week so far!
xo Hannah

10 comments:

  1. This is a great casual look! You're rocking that plaid button up! That sounds like such a wonderful way to spend a weekend day too, now I am craving fudge
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel really satisfied when everything I wear is thrifted ^.^ I'm glad you decided to post these, because I love the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I bet that was a hard thing to see all the damage....

    I love the blazer. SO. COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is super cute - I love that shirt! And it goes perfectly with that blazer!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh seeing all the houses ruined would make me sad!


    I love the blouse and shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the "keep for myself pile" isn't it easy to stack that one up? haha I love this outfit though Hannah! you look so polished in the androg style but i think everything being vintage gives it a lot more unique look than if it were all new, like in the little textile details in the coat and even in the jeans. sounds like a great day and good, minus the poor people who lost things of course, i can't even imagine that.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hannah! I unfortunately have a couple sets of photos that got lost in the shuffle between an external hard-drive/old computer/new computer. I'm glad you found these!! The plaid shirt is classic- and I am DYING to find myself a vintage D&B. Those are some of my favorite looking purses, anytime I see someone with one I'm jealous! The shape & style is still just so classic. This sounds like the ideal day-trip, pizza & fudge?? Yum. I hope you are enjoying the season so far! I've got some catching up to do on your blog, dying to know how the new job sitch is going :)

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, these thrifted shoes are so cute! And I love your plaid button down! It would look super cute tucked into a black mini with some tall black boots!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are so rad! I love when I end up wearing an entirely thrifted outfit. Sounds like a fun day trip although sad to see the damage. I have a friend that grew up there that said it was pretty terrible. Anyway- you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope they were able to restore the roads and houses that were damaged by that storm soon after, so that people were able to go back to their normal routines in a timely manner. And with the recent heavy rains and flooding in some areas, it’s a good idea to reinforce one’s home, or at least be ready with contingencies when the next big one hits. Thanks for sharing, and take care!

    Rolando Glover @ EcoPure Restoration

    ReplyDelete