3/27/13

DIY: Spring Painted Pots

A few months ago I realized my plant-babies were outgrowing their homes, but didn't want to pay big bucks for some fancy new planters.  I headed to Jo Ann Fabrics and grabbed three plain terra cotta pots that were a bit bigger than the previous ones to try my hand at painting them myself!  This is so easy that it basically doesn't even need directions, but I took a few pictures of my process along the way so you can see what I did!

Ta Da! As you can see I chose a few prints I thought I could freehand: stripes, polka dots, and chevron.  They are surely not the most perfect thing ever, but hopefully my plants will revive a bit now that they have more room to grow! I would also like to say that there is probably better paint and sealer to use specifically for pottery of this sort, so I might to a bit more research into long term durability if I ever repeat this project!
    Even though its still cold in Colorado, I got the Spring cleaning bug last weekend and am excited to fix up some more things around my room! I realized I have never really shared pictures of my little bedroom/ studio on here so I am going to share a little peek soon if thats something you guys would be interested in?
Hope you're having a great week!
xo Hannah

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! They look amazing. Such a good idea and saves money of course.
    Lovely post, as usual.

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look absolutely adorable <3
    love that you choosed pastel colors:) easter is such a nice time and you can decoarte your home with so many different "eastery" things:)

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun DIY! A great way to make those ordinary pots looks cute and springy. Love it.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! :D I want to make some spring pots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look super adorable after being painted. I love the combination of colours you have used! Thanks for your sweet comment on Buttons Apart.

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely DIY! I simply must try this for myself. xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great DIY, I love how they add a fun pop of print and color! I especially love the polka dotted one :D And oooo a peek into your studio sounds interesting, I love seeing how other people decorate their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd def love to see a peek into it, it always looks gorgeous w/ those high windows from your little instagram snippets & i love seeing people's homes. Super cute idea w/ the pots too, very fun and springy!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute and fun - I love little pots as decoration, I just can't put anything live in them - I have a black thumb or whatever is code for I kill all plants

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the fun spring colors!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to see any pictures you have to show us! I always love glimpsing into people's lives, ehehe. :D

    These pots are just precious. I haven't painted a pot in forever... that'd be really fun to do before my Spring Break is over. Then I could use them as storage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so easy and it looks wonderful! I love all the colors. I can't wait to see your studio, I can already tell you how much I love your wood floors :). I think you should meet with other bloggers, it's a great experience. Plus, I think the Flock Together ladies are especially fabulous!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are too cute! Looks like a fun project to try thanks so much for sharing this
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hannah, those are SO cute! I'm not much of an artist at all, but you made that look easy! I definitely want to get some plants when I move into a new place!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete