8/17/11

Guess what came in the mail today!

Guess what came in the mail today?! Our tiny baby chicks, and I couldn't be more excited!  I have actually not got to meet them yet, but here is a picture that my roommate took before they went off to work with her boyfriend for the day... I am dying of cuteness and anticipation!


 My roommate and her boyfriend have been building a lovely chicken house in our back yard.  The babies won't live in it yet though for about 6-8 weeks I think.  It is more complete now but this is the only picture I could find. The box is their little heated nest place, and there will be a ramp going down to the ground so they can walk around too!

I don't think the babies have names yet, but I hope I can help with that. Any suggestions? I think it would be cute to name them animal names like Goose, Bear, Foxy, etc.   That, or really formal names would be funny too!  I used to do foster care for the animal shelter for about 6 years growing up, and I miss baby animals! I hope these little guys (acutally, girls) are okay after their trip through the mail though, some times it can be really traumatizing I read.  Anyway,  in a few months we will always have fresh eggs and, even better, new pets!  Alright well, the chicks just got home so I am going to go see and will post more pictures later!  <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment