9/22/14

Floral Kimono

Hi guys, did you have a good weekend?  I spent a good deal of mine working as I am curating a vintage rack for a local salon this week and there's so much to do!  I have never sold in person before, so there was a lot to think of and get ready that I have never had to do before when selling online.  But the clothing is now pressed, tagged, the business cards and signs are made, and I'm just finishing up a few odds and ends.  Wish me luck!
 

Outfit Details
Vintage Kimono - (Similar)
Vintage Purse - (similar)
Sunglasses - c/o Sunglass Warehouse
Boots - thrifted
Top - Forever21

In other news, on Friday I decided to dip dye my hair into a pastel pink ombre as you can see in these photos!  I have wanted pastel hair for so long, and this was a great way to ease into it.  The dye I used only lasts about 10-20 washes and I also diluted it a lot before applying it, so my guess is its going to be gone pretty soon.  It was super easy to do though and I'm so happy I found a fun and temporary way to experiment with my looks a bit.

I'm also trying out the ever-so-popular "kimono" look!  This is actually a beautiful 60s house dress that will be up in the shop later this week, but Marlen gave me the idea of wearing a button down dress kimono style and I love it!  That girl is always thinking of the most creative ways to style and layer vintage!

xo Hannah

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving your hair!!! The kimono is so pretty ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks just gorgeous and what a clever idea of easing into something new. I also love the sweet 60s dress as a kimino - I would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair! I used to have mine dip dyed and you're totally making me want to do it again! Also I love the idea of using something vintage like that housecoat as a kimono, which is way more my type of kimono then the boho look. Thank god for Marlen she is just amazing with styling creatively.
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off- good luck with this new business venture! I'm sure your clothes will be a hit! Second- I'm really digging your outfit and your hair. You look so unspeakably cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Hannah, I absolutely love your hair! It matches your kimono so well, too, so that's lovely. I feel like pink is the best color for hair in terms of matching things--it's aaaalmost a realistic hair color, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks great! When I had blonde hair I was always so tempted to do this same thing, but I wasn't sure how well it would go over at my job :p I love the kimono too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the pink hair!!! That Kimono is amazing!!! Good luck with your business!! Yay!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dress as a kimono- the colors are so fun! Marlen is so good with the layering tips. Your hair looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your branding is SO adorable and I'm sure it will do great in person! I bet that's quite exciting for you to be selling in an actual shop for the first time. Good luck!! I love the look of this open dress turned kimono. I have a dress in my closet I've been dying to do this with as well.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete