6/24/13

Cats on Cats on Cats

Okay, so its really just cats on cats, but I thought the third iteration would help emphasize the extent to which I am actually a crazy cat lady.
Outfit Details:  Cat Print Dress - borrowed from Erica // Bow Flats - Vintage // Ring - gift from Marisa // Beaded Peter Pan Collar - gift from R's sister // Kitty Tank - TeeTwice on Etsy

When I first received this amazing kitty print dress that I am borrowing from the lovely Erica of Sweets and Hearts in the mail, I got the idea of layering it with my favorite cat tank.  I was a bit hesitant about the level of insanity that this would bring to the outfit, but thought maybe since they were both black and white it would be okay.  And let's be honest, if I wasn't willing to take a bit of a risk with my outfits, I probably would not have any fun writing a blog about what I wear!  Then last week Marlen, the master of layering, wrote an article on her blog called "Layered Like an Onion" and I was instantly inspired to go for the layered look I had imagined!  
     I grew up always having at least one cat in the house, but we did foster care for animal shelter cats too so usually we had many more than that!  I had to get this tank I spotted on Etsy a few months back because it looks exactly like my old Himalayan kitty Fluffer!  Fluffy was such a love-bug but always had the GRUMPIEST look on his face, complete with not an overbite, but an underbite where his two little bottom teeth stuck out further.  Gah, he was such a cutie!
     You can see how Erica styled her amazing kitty dress on her blog here!  And for more swaps and remixes, make sure to stop by our collective style blog Flock Together!  Have a great start to your week - I will be busy working and moving!
xo Hannah

21 comments:

  1. Although I prefer dogs more, I do love cats! Especially cat prints!
    It is perfect for any cat lover! My family has always had cats. At one point we had 5! But one by one they ran away till we just have our dog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, this is so so cute! It's totally not too much, either. I'm so bad at the layering thing. Adorable as always.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubretebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is so cute! Amazing photo spot, by the way! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg how beautiful! i loooove cats, i´m the crazy cat lady here, so that dress and the shirt is pure love and beauty for me, i guess you would like the kitty dress i was sewing last week too;)
    lots of love and kisses,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your crazy cat lady look, very chic cat lady! I'm a crazy dog lady so I love people showing their affection for their pets
    This is a fantastic location for photos and I love this print on this dress!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I've just found your blog and I am so happy! It is great. I like this outfit, too. That dress is so cute and I love the peter pan collar.

    Juci
    http://pinterjuci.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all- what an amazing backdrop! Such a beautiful meadow. Love these layers and you're right- crazy layers are fun, especially crazy cat lady layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek...cats and the owl!!! So so cute Hannah! It almost looks like the tee and the dress are one piece...giving it a totally unique look. One can never have enough cats, right?...or owls for that matter ;-). And that Colorado backdrop is always beautiful no matter what the season...gorgeous Hannah!

    xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg this is my favorite.
    I love the graphic tee (tank) look, and you look so pretty in that field of flowers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is possibly one of the 10 cutest dresses I've ever seen. Really. I'm kind of obsessed with it now.

    Flounces & Hubbub

    ReplyDelete
  11. yaaaayyy the cat lady outfit!! i think it turned out awesome- with just enough touch of insanity ;) i was slightly disappointed to see you had an owl ring and not a cat ring, haha. Also, I literally giggled out loud about your description of Fluffer. Oh. My. God.

    PS- this meadow is GORGEOUS.

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, there's no such thing as too many animals on an outfit! love all the kitties ^_^

    erica | sweets + hearts

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is amazing! nothing better than cat print but you've done one better!
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love anything to do with cats, so i adore this look! i love the addition of the beaded collar too, smart choice.
    marlena
    here, pretty kitty blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, cats! This is SO much fun. I for one think that you can never have enough cats or cat themed things. And how sweet is Marisa? That ring is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at all the cat in this post. CAT OVERLOAD. I love it, though. It's so much fun and I the cat print is subtle enough that it doesn't even look like cat overload, so good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pssh cutest cat lady ever!! Haha. I LOVE this cute dress and that tank is seriously so perfect with it. It would have been even better if your ring was a cat lol. I'm loving your strawberry locks too :) So pretty.
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The views are magical, and so is your hair! Love the cat print dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! This is quite the intense kitty outfit but it works.

    ReplyDelete