5/23/13

Snapshots: Postcards from Cape May

Now that I am back in Colorado, I thought it would be fun to show some snapshots I took from Cape May, New Jersey when I visited last week. I am thinking of making "Snapshots" a new little series on my blog to encourage me to develop my photography skills a bit more! Sometimes I am so focused on getting those outfit shots in that I seem to miss out on capturing a lot of the beautiful things that surround me.  So without further adeau, here's the first round: Postcards from Cape May!



 







    My family was here for two days to celebrate my brother's college graduation.  Thankfully, my brother did not want to go to the ceremony so we got to do a fun little mini vacation instead! On the second day, my family used the Beach Cruiser bikes from the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at to ride around town.  I opted to venture out on my own for a bit with my camera instead to capture the cute and kitschy beach environment along with the amazing Victorian architecture that the area is known for. 
    After my walk I met back up with my family and we ate the best fish tacos perhaps ever at a colorful little roadside stand.  We then trekked back down to the beach to relax and enjoy the sunshine before we started making our way back home.  Perfection!
xo Hannah
p.s. While I was away, my dear friend Marlen from Messages on a Napkin featured me in her new "Blogging Babes" series! If you would like to read my interview and take a peak at her awesome blog, stop on over here!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. These pics are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.
    Kisses.

    Valeria
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!! I looove all the colored houses! And yum, now I want fish tacos!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cape may is gorgeous, and these photos are lovely. so glad to have come across your blog! xo

    hannah
    www.bemorethrifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those colorful homes are just gorgeous and so unique. thanks for sharing these photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, love the horse-drawn carriages! Beautiful pictures and architecture. :D Sounds like a pretty awesome two days--sometimes taking time to take pictures and just nom and relax can make the best mini vacays. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a great idea for a series. I think I sometimes experience that "outfit mode" when it comes to photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, these photos are beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THese pictures are amazing!!! This place looks so beautiful and serene, I would love to visit someday. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous escape from reality! I really love these pictures. Happy Friday Darling! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful and quaint little town. and you got gorgeous shots of it! i love this new series, a nice change and good way to get a glimpse into cool places like this. glad you had a great time, your family sounds so sweet!
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete