11/7/12

November Pastels

Hi guys.  Just re-sharing some pictures from the guest post I did over on Messages on a Napkin yesterday in case you missed them! If you already saw them, you can close your eyes until you get to the intriguing writing parts where I discuss exciting things like the weather instead!  Every fall, I feel like I have to re-learn the art of layering.  My initial thoughts are always pile everything on top of my base outfit.  But what I am finding I like even more is layering underneath my base outfit so that the main attraction (in this case a favorite summer dress from Romwe) is able to shine still!  Sometimes I end up just looking like a bag lady, but I live in Boulder Colorado, where that is not only acceptable but probably strongly encouraged.
Outfit Details:
Dress: Romwe
Boots: Target
Blouse: thrifted
Necklace: Forever21
Jacket: Gift from Mom
    Today however, it is a balmy 72 degrees here and layers are not necessary! Do you ever go to take a quick lunch break at work and then scheme a thousand excuses why you shouldn't actually go back after? Yup. That happens to me on pretty much every nice day, but even more on unexpectedly nice days in November.  What I would give to be eating tacos with an icy Pacifico on a patio somewhere right now! 
Hope you guys are having a beautiful day, and if you're on the East coast- stay cozy and warm!
xo Hannah

11 comments:

  1. I love this dress so much! You look so very cute. I hope you're enjoying the warm weather, I feel like it's never going to end!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so wonderful! also, that little stone & green house in the background is so cute! I wanna live there!

    #8o3
    Meghan
    alionheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is great! Such pretty colors! It's good to wear some pastels in november and not only dark colors :)
    Just to let you know: I put you into my "great blogs"- list on my blog :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 72 degrees?! Oh you lucky gal. I just left 72 degree weather down south just to return to a Nor'easter ...fun, right? Anyhow, I don't think this outfit could be anymore perfect! I think you've layered it up quite brilliantly...and that is definitely a dress I would want to wear all year long! Gorgeous Hannah! xoxo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. so jealous of your beautiful weather! enjoy it :] and i love how you've layered this! such a sweet look xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling! I love that dress with the blue too underneath! I definitely need t start dressing like this more, warm but totally feminine and cute! Love the boots too. 72 sounds nice! Its like 60 here, so not bad I guess..
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the dress and the necklace.
    Such beautiful scenery in the photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the outfit!! lovely pics. :) followed you dear, i hope you follow back! love lots

    love,ace
    http://aceduchua.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images - that dress is so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress, the patterns and colours look awesome on you! I also love the delicate touch the necklace adds to the outfit.

    daretodreamfashion.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is so very pretty and I love the layering.

    And um, I would never go back to work if those mountains were my backdrops. Nope.

    ReplyDelete