11/5/12

Guest Post: Marlen of Messages on a Napkin

 Hi guys! Today I have an awesome guest post lined up for you all! I stumbled upon Marlen's blog a few months ago, and she has very quickly become one of my very favorite bloggers! Not only is she stylish and adorable, but she is FUNNY and a talented writer to boot! Make sure to hop on over to her blog after too, where I will be guest posting tomorrow!

Hi all! My name is Marlen (like the Monroe) and I blog over at Messages on a Napkin. Even though we’re all excited to bring out the chunky grandpa sweaters and cozy knit dresses, Hannah and I know how hard it can be to put the lid on those pretty summer skirts and bright-colored-anythings. So we thought it would be fun to show you some ways we move our Summer pieces into Fall. I was very happy to see that Mint made its way into Fall lookbooks and store windows, and when I saw this I figured that we didn’t need to stop there! As long as I have layers, long sleeves, and tights just about anything will work well on a crisp, rosy-cheek kind of Autumn day. So here I took a bright green cardigan and paired it with a long-sleeve polka dot blouse to add some interest (and warmth!) Octoberblog078 Octoberblog091
And running with the light color scheme, I paired it with a faded jean skirt that hits just above the knee. What makes this still look Fall appropriate is that the skirt is pretty long and I shimmied into a pair of tights and a pair of booties to not freeze when a breeze howls passed. Octoberblog092
And voila! All my favorite summer staples mashed into one Fall look. I might not look like I’m ready to go pick pumpkins or snuggle under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate, but I do still look pretty darn cute ;) Octoberblog083
 If you’re interested to see more, come say hello at my blog, Messages on a Napkin!

Thanks Marlen! Hope everyone had a terrific weekend! What is your favorite way to remix your favorite summer items when the weather turns chilly?
xo Hannah 

14 comments:

  1. Hello, I came her by Marlen's post and admire your looks! I'm your latest follower!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! Love your blog!

    xo
    Amy
    itwasloveat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love Marlen's outfit and photos, I will def check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this outfit reminds me of a school teacher.. and i love it! i want that skirt she is wearing.
    i want to do a guest post exchange with you, what do you think? i'll email you soon about it!

    lindsey lousie

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marlen, why are you so perfect? I'm in love with this sweater and I think I might have to steal it. This whole outfit is seriously just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great look! loving the polka dots!
    love your blog!
    following you now & would love if you checked mine out and followed if you liked!
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is a nice post!! such a cute look :)

    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layering in this post Marlen! Especially the cute cardigan with the blouse :) wooohoo print mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely going to be checking out Marlen's blog, love how well co-ordinated this outfit is! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love your cardigan! and those boots too! excited to be introduced through your blog more through flock together and the girls

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete